Delivery of goods
- The goods are delivered to post offices throughout Lithuania via the courier service.
- The delivery price of the goods is indicated in the Buyer's order.
- Delivery terms are specified in the order. The Buyer agrees that in exceptional cases the delivery of the goods may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Seller. In this case, the Seller undertakes to contact the Buyer immediately and agree on the terms of delivery.
- The Seller shall be released from liability for violation of the terms of delivery of the goods if the goods are not delivered to the Buyer or are not delivered in time due to the fault of the Buyer or due to circumstances beyond the control of the Seller.
1. If a product of unsatisfactory quality has been sold to the buyer before the expiration date of the product, the buyer has the right to:
Return or exchange of goods
1.1. require the product to be replaced by a product of the same quality;
1.2. reduce the price accordingly;
1.3. return the goods to the seller and demand a refund of the money paid for the goods.
2. The buyer may also exercise the established rights in the event of the sale of a product which has expired.
3. Foodstuffs of poor quality shall be replaced or returned at the place of purchase or at another place convenient for the buyer, as specified by the seller. The buyer submits a written request and the product to the seller. The application indicates the defects of the goods and one of the requirements of these rules chosen by the buyer. The application shall be accompanied by a receipt from the cash register or another document confirming the purchase and sale of the goods from this seller.
4. If the buyer does not present the receipt of the cash register or another document confirming the purchase and sale of the goods issued in accordance with the established procedure, the goods shall be replaced or other requirements of these rules specified by the buyer shall be fulfilled only with the consent of the seller.